Sunday, October 16, 2005

Where is Bean Station?

I went on a business trip last week.

To Bean Station.

Tennessee.

Not only does this sound like a very small town in the middle of nowhere, it is a very small town in the middle of nowhere.

I enjoyed my trip to Bean Station, which is located about a half hour Northeast of Knoxville. The people I visited were very friendly and I learned a lot from them. But I also learned about this part of Eastern Tennessee.

Remember in grade school when we learned about the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)? Yeah, I remember. Barely. But when I got to Bean Station, TN, I got a quick refresher course. I drove past a huge lake that looked like it had lost most of it's water to a drought. What I learned was that it was part of the system of lakes and dams that are use to generate electricity. It is also part of tomato country.

In short, Bean Station is full of history that is still being made today.

And the lady at the car rental counter knew exactly where it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home